Wednesday, August 6, 2008

2nd Child Blues

Wow, how time flies when you have your hands full with children. And now it's time for the 2nd little one to go to Preschool or Daycare.
Some Parents find this easy, as they have done it before, but with others they are starting to feel apprehensive about another of their little babies leaving the nest. I know I did.

When it is time remember the steps you followed with the first child, this time around you don't have to look for the centre (hopefully you are comfortable with the one you selected)... but what I can't stress enough is that you spend time preparing for the transition of your child into Care.
They might already be familiar with the Carers and the Facility but you still need to prepare them.

Over the next few weeks I am going to concentrate on the Dreaded First Day, I will explain some techniques that can be used to help with transition that you should be able to use with your own children.

No comments: